Despite all my crazy sewing this last year, it is time for me to confess that I only finished 1 - that's right one - thing on my Q4 Finish-A-Long list. Clearly I suffer from a serious and chronic case of startitis. Let's take a look at that list and see what has been done. My Q4 blog post about my ambitious and now failed plans is here.
1. Mouthy Stitches bag - It's finished and what a wonderful finish it was. Susan, from Patchwork N Play, my Mouthy Stitches swap partner loved it.
But for the rest, well not done. Some progress to report on some, best that I fess up. I think that my grade is C-. Not good.
2. Large Mod Pop - That photo above is what it mostly looks like these days. I am quilting this monster king size quilt. I have done the long wavy background parts and am moving onto the middle of the circles. We are setting a completion date in the Mod Pop QAL soon, so I need to make sure I meet it as I am the host.
There it is spread out on my king size bed, it is big.
3. Windmills and Trees - this is Lynne from Lily's Quilts' pattern which I am pattern testing. I pulled out the background fabrics, and debated how to finish the back. I stalled in debate. No progress.
4. Low Volume top with circles on it. I used this quilt top to make the 2013 FAL button, does that count as progress? It will be on my next FAL list.
5. Polaroids - I did not even take these out of the bag. How bad is that?
6. Dresdens - I need to figure out where these got put in the last clean up, I really want to make this one. Next list.
7. Quilt the Mystery Quilt - I don't know why I am so scared of wrecking this quilt. I think I have a simple quilt plan now, I really want to have this one to use. Next list.
8. This is another repeat FAL project. LBSP blocks, again designed by Lynne from Lily's Quilts. Not touched. Next list.
9. A stack of Liberty tana lawn fabrics. Yes, some progress on this one. I picked a nice - not neutral - solid and pieced the top, at least.
This one is not going on the list as I see it as a long term fmq practice quilt now. So it is about the process, not about finishing - right, am I fooling anyone but me?
I am linking this up at Quilter in the Gap for the Q4 FAL finishes, I did get one done after all. Other people did better, you might want to check the wonderful finishes out.
I will do better next year, I am hosting the 2013 FAL. That is a good thing, I sure need the FAL!