First, that is Lightning, and he is getting better. That is his spot, next to my sewing machine, which sits just to the left of that basket you see in the photo. Thank you again for everyone who has wished him well. Surprising to me, having a sick pet, especially one as nice as this dog is, is really hard, or maybe I really have become crazy dog woman. But, he is not going to QuiltCon or to the FQ Retreat.
The folks at the Modern Quilt Guild have set up a link so people going to QuiltCon can share their faces and a five facts you might not know about them. Those of you who know me well know there are almost no pictures of me because I really detest getting my picture taken. So today I decided to get over it already, and took a picture in the mirror. It is not great but they never are, but it will give you an idea so you can find me at QuiltCon.
And for the 5 things about me:
1. I love to garden. I am not a great gardener, but I love it all the same.
2. I love to read but I read so much at my work that I go for months without reading a novel, and I miss that a lot. I have a house full of books, many of which I want to read again soon.
3. I am a problem solver, a fixer, the calm, reliable one in the storm or crisis. Later when everything fine, then I crash, but not until then.
4. I carefully guard my free time. Between a crazy busy job, a busy family, the pets and my hobbies, I really have little time for things that are not fun, interesting, and enjoyable. I have zero patience - outside of my work where there is no choice - for things and people who don't make me happy.
5. I love to work with colour and textiles. Quilting is my most recent thing but I also love knitting, needle point, embroidery, weaving, and spinning.
So if you going to QuiltCon, do let me know so I can look for you. It will be time to go in no time at all. And if you are not, but you are going to the Fat Quarterly Retreat in London in July, let me know that too, because I am going to London again too and am so looking forward to meeting those of you I missed last year!